GrowSF - Full-time Campaign Manager
Published May 01, 2023
What if you got paid to help replace Dean Preston? Here's your chance.
GrowSF is a non-partisan organization that wants San Francisco to be safe, clean, affordable, and vibrant. Our local leaders are not focused on actual progress, and residents feel under-informed about local issues and elections. We want to change that.
GrowSF runs campaigns to educate voters on local issues, legislation, and candidates. In the past we helped make outdoor dining permanent, supported the school board recall, and demanded we build enough shelter beds for everyone who needs one.
Currently we're helping the Castro Theatre with their revitalization plans, we are co-sponsoring a petition to bring back 8th grade algrebra, and we're actively working to Dump Dean Preston.
We are looking for a full-time Campaign Manager to scale up these efforts and grow our impact. Knowledge about SF politics is a nice-to-have but not required! We'll teach you all the politics you need to know.
This could be a great opportunity for someone who wants to take a couple years off from the corporate world to help our city, or for someone thinking about running for office in the future. You'll meet everyone in City Hall, deeply understand how the city works, and learn how to win elections.
- Work closely with elected officials and partner groups to identify campaigns that will further GrowSF's goals and help San Francisco.
- Set clear metrics goals for all campaigns so we can look back and understand if we were successful, and how we can get better.
- Figure out the strategy for each campaign. This includes figuring out the right messaging, which channels to hit, the budget, and more.
- Execute on the strategy. We don't hire political consultants or ad agencies. This is a hands-on role. You will need to write petitions, blurbs for our newsletter and social media, run ads, get volunteers for public comment, and whatever else is needed to win.
- Develop and maintain a campaign calendar, ensuring that all projects are running on time and are aligned with our overall strategy.
- Be creative and find new ways to reach people and scale our impact.
- Deep love and familiarity with San Francisco and a desire to help make the city run well.
- Experience running campaigns or managing large projects.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese a huge plus!
- Incredibly data driven. Ability to set clear OKRs, track progress, and present data and insights in a clear and concise manner to the team.
- Experience using Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Substack including the analytics tools within each service.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, search engine optimization (SEO), and keyword research to improve the discoverability of our campaigns.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines. Organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Independent, self-motivated, and focused.
- Bonus: knowledge of SF politics and relationships with politicians and other advocacy groups.
- Bonus: experience using Figma or other design tools.
To apply, email samples of your work and your résumé or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
This position is full-time and is not remote. The annual salary for this position is $85,000 to $125,000 based on experience. You will work in the GrowSF office to collaborate with the GrowSF team.
GrowSF provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.