We support more Slow Streets in San Francisco
We support more Slow Streets in San Francisco!
Tell Mayor Breed and city leaders how much you LOVE slow streets
Click this button to open an email to our mayor and city supervisors. You can customize the email before you hit send. Consider mentioning where you live, a personal story about Slow Streets, or even attach a photo.
When Covid hit, Mayor Breed, SFMTA, and our other officials acted fast and turned many of our roads into Safe Streets. These roads have become incredible spaces for our kids to ride bikes, our elderly to walk, and generally have made San Francisco safer.
SFMTA is looking to add more streets to this network. We fully support this effort. Please email our city officials and let them know that you want more Slow Streets! Our city should built around people, not cars.
What's being proposed?
Approving adding more streets in the Slow Streets Program to be in effect until 120 days after the conclusion of the COVID-19 Emergency. These streets are:
- 12th Avenue from Lincoln Way to Noriega Street
- Armstrong Avenue/Kalmanovitz Street/Bitting Ave. from Newhall Street to Newhall St.
- Hearst Avenue from Ridgewood Avenue to Baden Street
- Hollister Avenue from Third Street to Hawes Street
- Lapu Lapu/Rizal/Tandang Sora/Bonifacio/Mabini streets from Folsom Street to Harrison Street
- Leland Avenue from Hahn Street to Alpha Street
- Lyon Street from Turk Street to Haight Street
- Mendell Street from Newcomb Avenue to Evans Avenue
- Scotia/Thornton/Thomas avenues from Silver Avenue to Griffith Street